1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Mizzou, 0-19 to end the season, would have been a better opponent than Virginia for CSU.

MileHigh, FileNotFound and poindexter like this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Just one game I know, but I’m really starting to wonder how much bloodshed the MWC causes.

MileHigh and Roscablo like this.
  3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Yeah, to be embarrassed, you have to be capable of feeling embarrassment. These fucking scumbags are a perfect representation of America in 2024, just doubling down and cackling as their idiocy is exposed.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Neither is Colorado. Or Boise State for that matter. But they play in the west, so they must pay.

And the committee said Indiana State didn't have enough quality wins. Jesus, did they even watch Virginia play the final six weeks of the season?

2muchcoffeeman, MileHigh and Roscablo like this.
  5. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

No doubt. It's absolute garbage, but it is clear the committee used BPI heavily this year based on the MW's seeds and Colorado.

MileHigh likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

NO OUTING!

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Had a blast at a great D2 region final tonight in Minnesota. 2nd and 4th-ranked teams in the nation. Northwest Missouri State is the longtime power. They take clock down to almost zero on every possession and play great D. But it's going to be a slog. Minnesota State Mankato won it on buzzer beater. Guy who made it hadn't made a shot all night. 43-42 Mankato, who entered the game averaging 86.

franticscribe likes this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

WTH has become of Hoos hoops?

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

JFC Virginia. At least they went out on brand.

That said, if you think there was a slam dunk that should have been in over the Hoos, I'd like to know who it is. Every one of those bubble teams had major flaws. Definitely think Colorado State--and perhaps the entirety of the Mountain West--was underseeded. Would not be surprised at all if CSU takes out Texas and gives Tennessee hell.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The game has been over for hours……all 12 Cavaliers have been shooting against nobody, and they just now got to 67 points.
    Bring on OT!

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'd settle for any team that can go literally one hour in real time and be able to score a basket. Because Virginia couldn't. That was fucking pathetic. They were missing shots that a JV coach in Anytown, USA would be cursing his team for. That was the worst showing I've ever seen in the tournament from a Power 5 conference team. That was the kind of showing a 16 seed from a low major would give, going up against prime K Duke, back in the day.

Get the heck out of here defending that dreck in any way, shape, or form.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
    2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted