1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

There isn't some objective valuation for something. This is beyond absurd.

His property was worth WHATEVER Deutsche Bank was willing to accept as a valuation. And the terms of their agreement were up to the two private parties to negotiate. If THEY were happy. ... then it should not be my business, your business or Letitia James' business or some judge's business (unless they sue each other!).

If you decide to sell your home and list it at $500K. ... and 50 people come in and offer betweem $450K and $490K, but then one person offers you $700K. ... Guess what, your home is worth $700K. A court of law (or the government) shouldn't be subjectively deciding what things are worth. People VOLUNTARILY transacting -- the ones who bear the risk and reward of their transactions -- do that in a free society,

DB didn't have to accept Trump's representations for anything. They could have sent in appraisors and a team of people with yard sticks to measure the size of his apartment. Perhaps they did. The point is it's incumbent on THEM to do their due dilligence, because if he defaults, they are the one who will have to rely on that collateral. If they don't do it. ... THEY bear the consequences.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

i believe in free market application of the law

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Let me just say, this line made me LOL as I pictured some corporate bankers in Brooks Brothers suits walking around with wooden yard sticks from the local sewing shop like my Mamaw threatened to swat me with when I was a kid.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Is it time yet to show Uncle Tim to the door?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Meanwhile ... Lev Parnas is testifying before a House committee and dishing dirt on Trump and Rudy.

2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Which is not the point.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It wasn’t a risky loan because they believed his lie.

That lie is what he is being punished for.

A bank holds and protects my money. That is their basic job. If they lose it to someone who lies about their wealth, that lie is a crime.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Reading some of these comments it's truly amazing in all this time no one has defrauded the board.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fat Orange Hitler wants NY to take his crap properties. He knows he’ll never get market value for them, and that many are over leveraged with multiple mortgages. Nightmare for NY state.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

So it will be a bigly surprise to FNC couch potatoes when he does go through with it!

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

franticscribe and Inky_Wretch like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted