1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I wrote-in John Kasich's name in 2016. Did not vote in 2020 because I couldn't stand either major-party candidate.
    Got lambasted here for doing both.
    Yet, I still feel comfortable in my conscience.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

But wait I thought America Today was a horrifying hellhole

4. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

You make a very good point, and I think there are a lot of people here who would vote for Reagan, Bush, BushII, Dole… especially for their politics when they ran. It is just hard to defend what the Republican Party has become.

I’m sure they will move back closer to center once the hysteria of Trump is gone.

I think of Trump like Dale Sr. There was an absolute following for him, but once he left, he was impossible to replace.

Trump is a dark time in our history, but it will pass.

maumann and Driftwood like this.
  6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

After January 6th…

They’re loons.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Reagan's been a worm feast for years and we're still not past him.

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

It is exhausting, and I honestly thought after the last election we could let a lot of stuff go, but HE.WON'T.GO.AWAY.
    I shouldn't know the names of the governors of Texas or Florida. I shouldn't know two random representatives from Georgia and Colorado.
    I want it to end.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I’ve been saying for eight years that they’re all either 1) dumbshits, 2) assholes, 3) trolls, or 4) some combination of 1-3.

Nothing I’ve seen since has led me to think any differently.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

We are in information overload mode and there are no gatekeepers anymore. An opinion from Mike fucking Lindell carries as much weight and reverberates as much as that of the president of the United States. Dump enough crap onto social and catch lightning in a bottle, and now you’ve become the national loudmouth.

11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted