1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

There were lots of McCain fans on here when he was the "sane" voice in the GOP. Until he (gasp!) had the nerve to run against Obama.***

***"I'll acknowledge the Palin pick did him few favors, but it's hard to believe many of the current posters here would have voted for him with a normal running mate. Against Obama.

Because it's not being prosecuted. Not because there are fewer crimes.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Trump was the worst possible leader during a crisis like COVID, but yes anyone completely blaming him for millions of deaths is wrong. And getting the vaccine fast tracked was one of the few good things he was able to not fuck up. Blaming him for all the COVID deaths is a lot blaming Biden for inflation. A worldwide problem that was going to happen regardless of leadership.

Policies benefitting rich, white straight people isn't a sticking point for many, certainly not me. It's the active shitting on, and policies designed to HURT anyone who's NOT rich, white and straight that is the major problem with the trumplican party. We're supposed to be good enough to help people who actually need help.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Your boy said COVID was a hoax. Then he said it would be gone in three weeks. Heaven forbid that somebody might question his interest in fighting it.
    And nobody thinks the country should have been shut down entirely for a year.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Homicide rates are down, and last i checked homicides were being prosecuted.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I legitimately asked, how can you defend Trump?

Want to talk issues? Fine.

Want to pledge fealty to one of the worst people on the planet? Yeah, I’m gonna ask why you support them.

Smallpotatoes and OscarMadison like this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Hell, he tried to open it way before we were ready. First Easter, then Memorial Day and then he finally said fuck it and held socially undistanced events in the Rose Garden ... or what was left of it after Melania got done with it.

Yes he did fast track the vax. But he was also pushing every other quack remedy, from Clorox shots to horse serum. Instead of having the government take the lead in distribution of materials to essential workers, he made it a bidding war between states. And when he supposedly caught covid (I still don't think he had it), he turned it into a freaking Hollywood drama. Meanwhile I'm here trying to enforce rations on TP, test kits, etc as well as trying to socially distance my customers.

Anyone think we were better off four years ago? Hell no!

7. BTExpress

Yes, he did.

And the geniuses making shutdown decisions were telling people, "Get off that tennis court and go INSIDE with your infected family members."

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

They were already infected, so INSIDE is where they should have been.

9. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

I'm telling you reasons why people are thinking of voting for Trump. Not that I agree with those reasons.

They think progressive, Democratic city councils have let the problems fester and become worse in their neighborhoods, so they blame Biden.

They are tired of repairing broken windows, cleaning up after homeless who piss and shit and strewn garbage on their businesses and property. Drug addicts who leave needles in their parks and outside their homes and stores.

Cops who never come or have their hands tied to do anything unless they have direct physical threats. Or because cops have quit in droves.

In their minds Trump will somehow clean it up because their local politicians will not. These voters don't give a fuck what happens in suburban, mostly white American neighborhoods. They care what happens in their mostly brown and black and Asian neighborhoods where they have tried to make a living and people who are addicted or otherwise mentally disturbed fuck with them and prevent them from said living.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  10. BTExpress

Not every family with an infected family member had everyone get infected.

Hell, my brother had a serious case of COVID, and his immunocompromised wife never caught it. Being outside if you're not infected is always better. And exercising is better than not exercising 100% of the time.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just like he did in the first term. Or promised he would in two weeks, just bedore INFRASTRUCTURE WEEK!

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

That last sentence is another example of the failure of proper deinstitutionalization.

Draft saved Draft deleted