1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

His response to Covid was that 1) if you don’t test, there will be no positive tests; 2) my uncle was at MIT so I’m really smart: and 3) the Chinese did this to me.

He also removed Pence as the face of the Covid response because he was worried that it would make him popular and started doing the unhinged daily press conferences.

If someone wants to put the imbecile back in charge, good on them. But let’s not pretend that he’s not a disaster for the country.

2. Webster

Examples of defunding the police?

3. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Not defunding per se but losing many full-time officers. They've quit or retired and not been replaced.

4. Webster

No idea what that means.

5. kickoff-time

They have quit or retired and many have not been replaced.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Right-wingers and garbage universities. It's like Unsers and gasoline.

7. Webster

Let’s get this straight — Biden has “defunded the police” by your story that police have “quit or retired” and “have not been replaced”. Evidence?

8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Now explain how that is a federal government issue.

Webster likes this.
  9. kickoff-time

It's not a federal government issue. Did I say these voters were rational? I said they blame progressive, local politicians who have done nothing to help their daily problems. Politicians they associate with Biden and the "liberals"

franticscribe and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  10. Webster

This is Trumpist/FNC jerking off and then blaming the “voters” for their irrationality.

2muchcoffeeman and HanSenSE like this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Seems like a direct result of news deserts and news silos. They seek the news that reinforces what they already want to believe. Even if it’s not true.

The destruction of local news has brought about yet another crippling problem. The old saying no longer applies.

Now, “All politics is national.” And not local. Much to our detriment.

12. kickoff-time

You think I'm a Trumpist? Or are you just saying the voters I'm talking about are watching Fox News.

Draft saved Draft deleted