1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Literally every game to date has been teams with the same seed. Somebody’s gotta wear the dark jerseys.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yes. But 0-for-4. Including an alleged blue-blood conference team that got smoked by 25.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That’s like having four straight coin flips come up tails. Mildly interesting but no basis on which to make larger conclusions.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Too lazy to look up the record of 11-seed play in teams, but considering several No. 11 teams went on decent runs out of the “First Four” in recent years, I foresee the two Colorado schools having an excellent chance to win their opening 7-10 games.

In fairly even first round matchups, the team that already has seen the court should have an advantage (maybe not so much in the round of 32, their third game in five days).

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And the same national media is wondering how Colorado won without Coach Prime.

swingline and MileHigh like this.
  6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Oh, man, I had forgotten about that. The "previous AD" mentioned in that excerpt was Rick Bay, who previously had been AD at Oregon, Ohio State and Minnesota, as well as an MLB exec with the Yankees and Indians. He resigned over that audit, and school president Stephen Weber (who passed away earlier this week, BTW) said soon afterward he would have been fired if he hadn't stepped down. Bay had hired Fisher, and the basketball program was beginning its rise when Bartow arrived. Thanks for jogging the old memory.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Newly fired LB State coach Dan Monson sure likes to talk about himself. Not heard a peep from him talking about one of his players.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Spanarkel.

9. Noholesin1

Noholesin1 Active Member

Tickets for today's afternoon session in Omaha can be had for less than $20.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The only chalk I feel truly comfortable with in this tournament is UConn and Houston. I just think they're head and shoulders above the field. Hell, I've got Clanga pipping the Heels in round 2.

sgreenwell and MileHigh like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I would agree with you Cosmo, and part of me still does, but I also watched Houston lose its last game by 30 and saw Creighton demolish UConn. No chalk this year without risk (I still have UConn winning, mind you).

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Here in Indy, I hear Spiro Dedes' voice and think it's a 1 p.m. Colts game.

Draft saved Draft deleted