1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My first pass at a bracket had all 1 v 2 games in the Elite Eight, so I knew something had to give. I wound up fading Houston, which like everyone else in the Big 12 is banged up and short handed.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Claim your upsets now. I don’t wanna hear about ‘em after the fact.

Samford
    New Mexico
    Oregon

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Substitute Grand Canyon for Samford

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

For the record, Oregon is a 1.5 point favorite. I trust bookmakers and the betting public to know more than the committee.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

DraftKings has a thing where if you pick a 10-16 seed on the moneyline and they lose, up to $25, you get the money back in a free bet. As tempting as it is to throw it on a wild longshot, I took Oregon at -105. And they're now -125, which means my head was in the right place.

In a pool where I can pick up to four bottom seeds and get paid if they make the Sweet 16, I've got Charleston, New Mexico, McNeese and JMU. Just need one of those to make it worthwhile.

6. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

New Mexico is a 2.5 point favorite as well.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Yale, Colorado, Vermont, South Dakota State (F*#% the Clones!)

Final Four is Arizona, Illinois, Houston and Tennessee.

Probably could save a lot of time by just lighting a $10 bill on fire, but watching the tournament is more fun!

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

And yes, the guy running the pool I’m in has bonus points for picking double-digit seed upsets, so if just one of those happens I’ll take it!

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Biden has Tennessee in the Final Four.

Bless his heart, but time to invoke the 25th amendment. Guy doesn't even know what month it is.

Big Circus, swingline, Chef2 and 5 others like this.
  10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

My double digit seeds advancing to round 2 are UAB, Drake, Charleston, New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado State, Oregon, Samford, and JMU.

Final Four -- UConn, Houston, Baylor, Creighton

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

My high seeds winning are:

Drake
    SDSU
    Grand Canyon
    New Mexico
    JMU
    NC State
    Akron

A lot of those are just cause I want to root for particular players or coaches, but hey they're my picks.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Seems like a lot of double digit seeds. But I can’t find fault with any of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted