1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Fucking Michigan State.

And my upsets are:
    Charleston (just a sentimental pick @Cosmo)
    Morehead State (huh huh, plus, Illinois has two first-round wins with Underwood--one as a 1 seed and one in which they needed a huge comeback to beat Chattanooga)
    James Madison (possibly a sentimental pick?)
    Samford

Also got Washington State in the Elite Eight b/c #Narrative.

I Should Coco likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

One of theirs goes in the lane, you put his nose in hospice. It’s the Pittsburgh way.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Would love to see the Cougs make a run.

But really, any win by the four Pac-12 teams in the tournament will pay off for Wazzu and Oregon State next year.

BrownScribe and HanSenSE like this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Two of them are actually favored, and Drake-Wazzu is pretty much a coin flip. So that skews it a bit.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Confirmed that Liz Kitley is out for the NCAA Tournament with a torn ACL. Such a bummer. This was a special team with a real chance of getting back to the Final Four, but you don't just replace the three-time ACC player of the year. Honestly, getting through this weekend would be a hell of an accomplishment, and I suspect Georgia Amoore is going to fight like hell to make it happen.

6. dixiehack

This first game was over when Clanga tried to mock the sporting gods by coming out in generic “State” jerseys. No way would an Izzo team let such blasphemy pass unchallenged.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Sparty's looking pretty good.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Part of me wants to support the MAC. The other part of me wants Ohio to be the only school from the conference who ever wins NCAA tournament games to lord over our rivals.

9. dixiehack

How many Akron fans even exist in the wild?

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Welp

11. dixiehack

BYU looks shockingly passive, like they’ve turned out all the lights in the house and just wish the guys knocking at their front door would go away.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This what the final years of Boeheim used to do. Limp ass in with a 19-12 record with everyone saying they didn't belong, only to rip off a run to the Sweet 16.

Draft saved Draft deleted