1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Right down to winning the Thursday 12:15 game.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Is Buffalo the last MAC team to win an NCAA game?

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Ohio beat UVA before losing to Creighton in 2021.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Paula Zahn still has a show somewhere? I’ll be darned.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Sure Jan

Monson's boss says timing of ouster at Long Beach State was designed to inspire March Madness run

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Like most eastern Ohio/Buffalo MAC fanbases, Akron’s fans are relatively moribund until getting to Cleveland for the MAC tournament and then all of them show up. The conference is full of low-stakes games for three months and then Akron, Kent State, Ohio l, Buffalo and Toledo get to Cleveland and 10,000 people show up.

It’s why the MaC tournament has been a success in Cleveland beyond what any of us hoped for when it moved from Toledo to Cleveland. It legitimately has a good buzz in the semis and finals. Some of my favorite sports moments have come in the MAC title game over the last 25 years. Only five teams care now that Ball State and Miami are shells of their former 1980s and 1990s selves, but those five teams have a bunch of alumni who live in Cleveland.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

franticscribe and da man like this.
  9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Deborah Norville is STILL hosting Inside Edition!

Hermes and dixiehack like this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

To channel my inner Roger Ebert, I hate, hate, hate this news. It doesn’t scrape the bottom of the news barrel. It is an embarrassment to barrels.
    Not a surprise. When they went radio silent, you had to figure it was bad.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My five-year old is obsessed with mascots and especially Mr. And Mrs. Wuf. We went down a Wikipedia rabbit hole, found out the Demon Deacon married them and spent a lot of time figuring out whether every school that had both male and female mascots were married or brother and sister. Freddie and Freida Falcon were a big point of contention.

He also constantly asks my wife why Indiana doesn’t have a mascot. He’s very disturbed by a lack of mascot there.

franticscribe likes this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Mike Miller’s son plays at Creighton.

(Screams into a pillow)

Draft saved Draft deleted