1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Everything I actually know about the state of Utah includes visiting Bryce Canyon at age seven and lazy, broad cartoonish satire.

Batman likes this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Two games final. Two Sweet 16 teams lost. Oy. Not a great start.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

What a day.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Great to see Norm Nixon supporting his alma mater. I remember in the 60s Duquesne had some twins who were very good, back when they played in the Duquesne Gardens or the Pittsburgh Gardens or some place like that. Back in the days when the only college games we got on TV was an ECAC Game of the Week on Saturday.

Happy for the Dukes, another $2 million for the A-10, and I despise everything BYU.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

For all the kvetching every year about switching between TruTV, TNT, TBS ... the Max app is great.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Tom McCarthy had a thankless task explaining why Terrence Shannon is playing for Illinois. But his tone of voice made it sound like he was slightly indignant that Shannon was charged with “sexual assault” (actually it was a rape charge) and needed an injunction to get past this annoyance.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That’s more than I have heard on the topic on any broadcast of an Illinois game lately.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ditto Hulu Live. The app itself isn't that slick, but it's still easy to go game to game.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Am I supposed the recognize the guy sitting with Eli Manning in the new Corona commercial?

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

yes because it's Carmelo Anthony

da man likes this.
  11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That Illinois rapist is really good at basketball.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Well, I didn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted