1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

“Other than the tens of millions killed, the country being split in two parts and a wall put up in the middle of Berlin, how did you like the 20th century, Ms. Braun?”

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Hey, he did say permanently! :)

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's a high bar. As it should be when someone proclaims how Trump will permanently damage America.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

At least he isn't pandering, although in what is expected to be a close race it would be hilarious if this is the difference because America!

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Republican businessman Eric Hovde wants to be a U.S. senator representing Wisconsin.

But he's picking a team from Indiana to win the NCAA basketball tournament.
    “At the end of the day Purdue is too tough and will cut down the nets in Phoenix,” Hovde said Thursday in a post on X, formerly Twitter.

The University of Wisconsin alum, who is running to take on Democratic Sen. Tammy Baldwin in one of the country's most watched Senate contests, is wearing a UW pullover in the picture.

Hovde spokesperson Ben Voelkel stood by the pick of Purdue, a team Wisconsin beat in the Big 10 Tournament.

“Eric Hovde isn’t a career politician that panders," Voelkel said. "He’s a basketball fan. Purdue is one of the best teams in the country and if they get the kind of calls they did in the Big Ten Tournament the Boilermakers have a great chance to win.”

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I remember a game where the refs blew an obvious call against the Giants. Tom Coughlin walked out to where an official was, and dropped the red beanbag right next to him. The official never saw it, time was never called, and the opponents hurried to the line and ran a play as Coughlin screamed at the refs and pointed to the beanbag.

The next time the Giants wanted a replay, Coughlin ran a quarter of the way into the field and fired the beanbag into the hash marks.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I AM OUTRAGED. It's Big Ten, not Big 10. C'mon, AP.

matt_garth and wicked like this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

On larger point, we've been sold and bought into a fucking shit way of thinking in this country. Basically, work until you can't enjoy retirement or are dead.

There was a car commercial, maybe 5-8 years ago, extolled the virtues of working 100-hour weeks and skipping vacations because we Americans just want to work hard.

We do work hard, but FUCK that. Give me the Euro thinking on work/life/retirement every day and twice on Sunday.

I'm not gonna be on my deathbed wishing I'd worked more. They system needs to be better funded and improved, not cut. Fuckers.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That was a Cadillac commercial and they were run over for it on social media.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted