1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Kentucky losing in the first round AGAIN would be the funniest fucking thing.

sgreenwell and franticscribe like this.
  2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The best part of that last replay before they went to commercial of Gohlke running down the court after making his latest 3 was the look on the ref’s face — a huge smile as he’s saying something to the effect of, “Do you believe this?”

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No one talked about Oakland Kentucky. So of course

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I don't know if Oakland can sustain this. Gohlke is bound to start missing some of these 3s, Kentucky is going to start hitting some shots, and the fouls are going to start catching up to Oakland in the second half.
    But damn if it isn't fun to watch while it lasts.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I love the Oakland coach. Sideline reporter asks him, “What’s your message for Gohlke at halftime?”

Coach says, “Same thing I just told him. KEEP SHOOTING!”

Batman likes this.
  6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Yes, Oakland will likely lose by 20 if for no other reason than several guys will foul out.

But yes, this is really fun.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I think I mentioned something about Gonzaga McNeese being too convenient earlier and here we are

I Should Coco likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Remember when McNeese was a trendy upset pick?
    Yeeeahhh ... about that ...

9. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

Jack Gohlke ... ruler of Australia.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Texas-CSU hits a total of 100 -- with 17.6 seconds to play.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Still at work so only following via Game Tracker, but Few and Gonzaga always prefer to play at a wide-open, up and down the floor pace, and that seems to be what’s happening against McNeese.

It’s the physical, half-court, grind it out style of teams like Saint Mary’s that historically give the Zags trouble.

12. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Well, CSU didn't quit in the second half. So I guess that is good. I actually don't feel as bad, but I wish this athletic program could ever do something to get over the hump. Some pretty damn good basketball teams the past few years and still couldn't get past the first round. Haven't since 2013. I won't talk about others like football.

This is how this team played since conference started. You just never knew which team would show up. Virginia may have been bad, but CSU played really well. Then laid an egg. Last week destroyed Nevada and didn't show up against New Mexico. When on, could beat many, see the thumping of Creighton. But when bad, it was what tonight was.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
    TigerVols and MileHigh like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted