1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm not at the cool kids table.

I think it's a damn shame what's happened to discourse. But it's absolutely a byproduct of what social media - in particular Twitter and Facebook - has done to people.

Liut likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Oh, c'mon. Sweet Jesus, why?

matt_garth likes this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, we need unbiased analysts . . . like Jen Psaki. :)

TigerVols and Liut like this.
  5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Then scratch a check, mofo.

Trump claims he has $500 million in cash, undercutting lawyers' claims on bond money

Former President Donald Trump claimed early Friday morning that he has "almost" $500 million in cash, undercutting his lawyers' claims that he would not be able to comply with the $464 million judgment against him and his co-defendants in the civil fraud case brought by New York Attorney General Letitia James.
    "Through hard work, talent, and luck, I currently have almost five hundred million dollars in cash, a substantial amount of which I intended to use in my campaign for president," Trump wrote in a post on Truth Social in all caps. "The often overturned political hack judge on the rigged and corrupt A.G. case, where I have done nothing wrong, knew this, wanted to take it away from me, and that’s where and why he came up with the shocking number which, coupled with his crazy interest demand, is approximately $454,000,000."

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

If they quit or retired because they worried what happened to Derek Chauvin would happen to them, they never should have been cops in the first place. Good riddance to them.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Can someone explain to me how Truth Social is worth $3.5 billion? “Because the market says it is” is not an acceptable answer for this exercise.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Am I going blind or does this thing have color gradients in the text?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

MSNBC is where all the former GOPers that Dems used to love to hate end up.

Nicolle Wallace, Michael Steele, David Jolly .... RRM just makes the list longer. So I'm not surprised.

Liut likes this.
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's not. But the company it's merging with is.

Based on Digital World’s stock price of $44 a share just before the vote announcement, Trump Media will debut with a market value of more than $5 billion. That means Mr. Trump’s personal stake will be worth more than $3 billion. Shares of Trump Media could begin trading under the new stock symbol as soon as next week.

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

One of those is not like the others … at least currently.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

While I'm not disagreeing with what you said ...

upload_2024-3-22_11-38-50.png

Draft saved Draft deleted