1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Still stunned at how little some voters have learned about Trump - and the risks he presents - after all this time.

While I worry about the Trumpite diehards, it's the indifferent middle that will get him elected.

OscarMadison and Liut like this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Wow! That's quite a leap.

I know one person quit because her husband got a job in another state and moved with him. Some went into other departments or different law enforcement agencies. I'm sure a lot took early pensions because of long hours, burnout or constant scrutiny.

Not every cop is a bad cop..

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The “A pox on both their houses” shit is how we ended up with him in the first place.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. Smallpotatoes

So you agree anyone who did what Chauvin did has no business being a cop?

7. kickoff-time

In that case, yes, and he was found guilty.

But I was trying to state why there are fewer cops and fewer people going into the profession.

I didn't say there were no bad cops.

franticscribe and Liut like this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Trump is not supposed to be able to sell any of that stock for six months. I also think that the monitor overseeing Trump Org may have some say in that. He might be able to use the stock for collateral, but might not as if something happens the price may crash bigly.

9. Smallpotatoes

Do you think the Chauvin verdict has driven some good cops out of the business?

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

From the NYT:

He is restricted for six months from selling any of his shares or using them as collateral for a loan, although he could ask the board of the merged company to waive that rule for him.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. kickoff-time

Maybe. I really don't know.

I know the main reason my cousin decided to retire from law enforcement. One of his closest friends made a routine traffic stop, the driver pulled out a gun and shot him dead.

Are you a cop?

franticscribe and Liut like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted