1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And just like that Marquette has tied it.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Butta Johnson with the game of his life.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I’m bummed he’s listed as Efrem Johnson. Was hoping the nickname was so frequently used that he’d appear as Butta.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This would never have happened to Stetson back in Lurch’s day.

5. MileHigh

Aztecs survive.

Nice while it lasted for the Toppers.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Colgate is undergoing a 40-minute cavity search.

swingline and sgreenwell like this.
  8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

How dare they be treated like a P4 school!

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Yes, sadly it's that Hillsdale, a no-account D-II university that I'm surprised sanctions athletics.

Gohlke can probably quote you chapter-and-verse on the pizza basement and Her Emails! after five years of attempted doctrination.

Hope he resisted the brainwash but after 5 years that'll be tough.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Tough game for UAB. It felt like we couldn't buy a foul call, but SDSU wound up with two more fouls than we did. I felt like a couple of the calls on Javien Davis were pretty much phantom calls and that LeDee had several that went uncalled. <shrug> That's being a fan, I guess. I'm sorry that you didn't really get to see Yaxel Lindeborg's game until he had four fouls. He caught one very early and seemed to play scared much of the game due to foul trouble. That said, it was a respectable showing against a very solid team.

I think SDSU exposed some bad habits. The team hasn't seen that kind of tight man to man much. They'd catch passes and instead of being ready to get a shot up quickly they'd have to get their feet set, and by the time they were shooting they had a defensive man in tight on them. Points off turnovers just killed us, as did the lack of second chance points.

Anyhow, overall, a conference tournament win in their first year in the AAC and an appearance in the NCAA's is a good year for UAB.

I think LeDee was robbed getting third team All-American. The guy is legit. We had no answer for him, we lost the physical battle that we've won with most of the season.

Yax is going to have people wanting to drop bags of cash on him. We hope he stays and develops his game more where he knows he is going to get 30+ minutes. He's probably worth $600k to 800k, so if he goes I couldn't blame the kid. I'd just hate to see him go and wind up as a sixth or seventh man, there for depth on a team that does not care if it's his last year. He mentioned being back next year a couple of times in the after game presser, so maybe we can keep him.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2024
    TigerVols likes this.
  12. MileHigh

Unlike the Kansas-Samford game, this was the correct call.

Draft saved Draft deleted