1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

That has to be an intentional "fuck you" to the trumplican party, right?

But again, another quitter rather than trying to help his like-minded colleagues find their spines. I guess it's far easier to let 20-30 loudmouth assholes who want to burn it all down get their way.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The GOP: too dishonest for even George Santos.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I'm guessing that he, like Buck, tried to help but has seen the past years that it doesn't matter. I mean, MTG right away called to kick out Johnson because -- gasp -- he worked with Dems to pass a spending bill. You know, the first damn job of the House. Dealing with her and the other loons every day and not being able to get anything sensible done over many months/years takes a toll to the point that you just say, F it.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

No question, another well-timed FU to the current Pube regime. (Keep 'em coming!)

But (assuming a bare majority is required), it'll take 5 more GOP resignations to get the current membership below the Dems' 214 to change the speakership. Passing anything else will be problematic on its own.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Georgie boy might want to focus on his September trial. I think his political aspirations are going to be moot after that.

Neutral Corner and matt_garth like this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Still can’t wait to see what comes out of his trial re: Russian influence/rigging. I think it’ll have more oomph than any of the Trump cases.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm kind of pessimistic, in that I don't any of the trials matter. I think he's still going to get the support of his Racist Uncle base and most Republican voters, regardless of whether he's found guilty, not guilty, etc. And I don't think there is much appetite on the Supreme Court - the right or the left wings of it - to get him off the ballot if he is found guilty but with appeals outstanding.

I think it matters way more if he can't come up with $500m cash for his bail. That strikes me as more of an embarrassing "the emperor has no clothes" kind of moment.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Sorry, was speaking about the Santos trial. There’s a lot of shenanigans I bet.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Shooting, 5th Avenue, etc.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Obligatory:if anyone knows a swindle" post. Carry on.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Driftwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted