1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Probably not half as much as it does a significant percentage of Yale's faculty.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Now. now, when people don't believe in revealed deities they're not too upset when others do. Shouldn't anyway. In any case, Yale decides on virtue based on who can give what to the endowment.(To be fair so does my alma mater Wesleyan).

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

As long as total revenue doesn’t keep my schools from relevance in hoops, I don’t care how much the SEC brings in.

franticscribe likes this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I seem to be missing my revenue sharing check.

BitterYoungMatador2 and Batman like this.
  5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The pace in Alabama-COC is Loyola Marymount-esque.
    Both teams….get it out of the net and go like mad.

6. dixiehack

7. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I think I heard Tennessee fans cheering when the Kentucky final was announced.

Pretty sure fans chant SEC just to assert their own school's superiority ("We're better because the SEC makes us better") but when it comes to individual schools, they're just like every other fan in every other conference. There's no way an Ole Miss fan cheers for Mississippi State just because it's a fellow SEC school.

It's more like when you could hear Iowa State fans rooting for Drake the other night. An Iowa school but not one they consider a rival. And in Kansas, KU and K-State fans will look in on Wichita State if they make the big dance but they'd never pull for each other.

8. tapintoamerica

Damned Godless Yankee libruhls.

9. dixiehack

In so many words. I would have inquired further but my T-shirt, hat and smile put me in danger of a throw down and I don’t train at Starman’s dojo.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

One of the most enduring discussions on one of my Vol basketball boards is simply called "Kentucky lost again."

It was started in November 2020 and rarely falls off the first page of discussions, as UT fans relish in every UK defeat.

11. tapintoamerica

First class troll job.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Mark Sears’ mom wasn’t this attention-seeking when he played for the Ohio Bobcats.

Chef2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted