1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So I've seen a commercial from Cameron Brink; Caitlin Clark; 2 from an LSU chick that isnt Angel Reese.

That makes me really happy. Still remember the moaning from people here when NIL was introduced.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Let's go James Madison! JMU 33 Wisconsin 20 at the half.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The problem with NIL is not and never has been with players doing commercials. That's honest work.
    Where the system breaks down is with it being baked into the signing process for 18-year-olds who are just as likely to sit the bench for one year and hit the portal as they are to ever start a game for that school.

Kato likes this.
  4. poindexter

Are these athletes putting a gun to someone's head for an offer? I doubt it.
    If the collectives don't like it, quit offering it.

It used to sicken me to see the same old faces on commercials. It is awesome to see relevant, new faces on commercials.

Unfortunately, I still see too much Nantz, Spike, and Shaq.

FileNotFound likes this.
  5. poindexter

Outside of Greensboro, when the fuck do you ever hear a home floor in a first round game?

Go GCU!

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Public service announcement

IMG_5334.jpeg

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Because watching St. Mary's Augustin Marculionis brings back images of his father:} TODT.Image8_.SarunasMarciulionis_web.jpg

8. dixiehack

I’ve gotten more resistance from a Culver’s sundae than Wisconsin offered tonight.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Isn’t it the shakes that you can turn upside down?

The Badgers are moving around like they all had two or three of those shakes before the game.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I especially like Wisconsin's adherence to the New Unwritten Rules that if you're "hopelessly" behind (ie over 8 ) in the last two minutes you need to quit trying to steal the ball

It's so fundamental to watch the final minute or so of the game with neither team really trying.

11. dixiehack

When 3/4 of the roster is hitting the portal on the flight home, nobody’s getting floor burns for dear old State U.

12. dixiehack

Quite an experience still having the YouTube TV quad box up and TNT is showing Naked and Afraid in the top right corner.

Hermes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted