1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

If you are in Phoenix and feel a sudden need to lock your car door, you are near the GCU campus.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So after all the shit I’ve talked about Auburn everywhere today, I’ve got to spend the rest of the weekend praying Bama doesn’t lose to a hole in the ground.

Batman likes this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Unfortunately for both of our schools, it's all about the money anymore.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  4. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Greg Gard’s seat is starting to sizzle.

Chris McIntosh fired Paul Chryst for a similar stagnation in football. And Gard has yet to make it out of the first weekend (unless you count being 2020 simulated national champions) since the last of Bo Ryan’s players graduated. The empty seats in the 300 level at Kohl Center grow with each passing year. Badger men’s basketball seems to be in an arrested state.

I think Gard will get another season — the run to the B1G final probably keeping the wolves at bay for now — but I would bet that within two years, UW-Madison’s coach will be either T.J. Otzelberger or Shaka Smart. For a great many years the hope was to bring Tony Bennett home, but I doubt McIntosh wants to have a program playing that style of basketball.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My wife went to law school with someone who tried to start a College Democrats at Hillsdale. It did not…go well. So there are some outliers there.

franticscribe likes this.
  7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

dixiehack likes this.
  8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Just a reminder, the entire room might not want to watch a game that you have three different parlays linked to.

That is all.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The teams of Florida and Colorado say howdy.
    I don’t know if that was really good offense of just really bad defense……but that was fun to watch.
    Now……I’ve been saying since the bracket came out Sunday that possibly the funnest game to watch…..maybe the entire tournament……will be Alabama-Grand Canyon.
    If you want to tune in to see a 61-54 slobber knocker…….dont be upset if that’s the score in the first half.
    These 2 will fly up and down for 40 minutes…….they should put the shot clock at 20.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Colorado-Florida was a fun game, for sure. Both teams just making lots of shots and the defense was certainly left at the hotels.

Colorado-Marquette will be a very interesting game and is first up on Sunday.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I’m very surprised they put Salt Lake City on first today.
    10:45 am local time tip

Draft saved Draft deleted