1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That Holy Cross coach is damn attractive.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I saw her the first time and said “Holy Crap”

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

They are living the dream for about three more minutes, by my estimate. Clark took only three shots in the first quarter.

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I actually think Harlan is very good on radio. The shouting is not as annoying. And while I am no fan of shouters in general I realize the desire of the announcer to show enthusiasm and excitement. But on television I hate the amount of trivia Harlan shouts. I think I have this example close to verbatim. He was doing a Colts game and Bob Sanders made an interception. Harlan screams "SANDERS INTERCEPTS THE BALL AND THE FORMER BIG 10 DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR THE 35. " You could have told me that Sanders won Big 10 honors after the play in a normal tone of voice rather than screaming it during the play. If an announcer chooses to to scream, do it concisely.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
  5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Hell, Bob Sanders was unaware he won that.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Mulkey upset about a Washington Post story that’s not even out yet. Grab your popcorn

"This is exactly why people don't trust journalists and the media anymore... I'm fed up... I will sue the Washington Post if they publish a false story about me." -

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Full slate of games this weekend and here I am waiting for an article about Kim Mulkey to drop because it’s already made her mad.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

Well how ya like that IMG_3705.jpeg

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Kim Mulkey’s defense attorney might actually be Satan in a fedora.

FileNotFound likes this.
  10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The funny part, in addition to what has already been said, is that the sort of things Mulkey usually says off the cuff is being read off a script.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

So (rubbing my face) he’s tried to contact her for two years but is now complaining that the author gave her a two-day deadline to answer 12 questions after (rubbing my face again) two years of this guy trying to reach her.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Does Mulkey’s family even like her?

Draft saved Draft deleted