1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Hey, that's Holly Crap.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

He’s closer to 375 than 275.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The Weaver kid for Texas is one of the ugliest human beings I’ve ever seen.

4. micropolitan guy

About 20 years ago, Civil War WBB game at old Mac Court in Eugene. The PA announcer introduces the first two officials, then the third, as "and let's give a hand to Deb Adams, the No. 3 all-time scorer at the University of Oregon!"

OSU coach almost had a coronary. Can't remember if she made any bad calls or not, but that's totally inappropriate. That just can't happen.

Called the Pac-10 commish of WBB (Gooch, or somesuch goofy name), she was the former Cal coach. Asked her about it, she said she saw no conflict of interest. Followed up by asking her how she would feel if when she coached (forgotten Stanford star) was reffing the game and got the same introduction before a Cal-Stanford game at Maples.

Total indignation. "Well, that's different!"

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

March Rick Barnes showing up right on schedule

sgreenwell and Neutral Corner like this.
  6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Two things.
    1. Your announcer did nobody any favors.
    2. Shame on the official for not thinking there was a conflict……also shame on the assignor.They have to know better,

7. micropolitan guy

Yes and yes. Just shows the low priority given to WBB at that time.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And in this case, the hitter has to be ejected and barred from games next year as well if still eligible. That's egregious. But I suspect the perp has gotten text messages of congratulations and thanks from hundreds of fellow players.

9. tapintoamerica

Ball was not entirely out of the passer's hand. Or at the very least, the replay didn't conclusively prove the ball was out of the passer's hand. I think Gene Steratore said that, anyway.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Lord, ain’t I been good?

11. tapintoamerica

The fan base is gonna be really pissed in a year or two. But good for the Wolfpack in 2024.

12. tapintoamerica

Excellent follow-up question.

Draft saved Draft deleted