1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He looks like Fred Flintstone in a quarter zip.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Fourteen 3s and they haven’t broken 80 in double OT yet. Thats got to be quite the shot chart.

3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Did Creighton advance? They YABBA DABBA DID!

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Interesting how the tourney has played out - for such a "wide-open" tourney I'm guessing there will be at least two dozen (likely more) Final Four appearances scattered throughout the Sweet 16 teams. Probably a dozen national championships.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

it’s also very chalky — of the eight that advanced, six played to their seed. And tomorrow seven of the eight still could

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Bill Walton has worn Grateful Dead shirts and “Keep Austin Weird” shirts and gone shirtless while broadcasting games for years. It’s Walton, yes, but the dress code thing hasn’t applied to all ESPN employees in the past.

Hermes likes this.
  7. DanOregon

I won't mention names, but some SC anchors present themselves in a way that doesn't really scream "serious journalist" - even though they are. BTW - great seeing Allie LaForce on the hoops coverage today. CBS really blew it not giving her a bigger platform. She's a solid pro.

8. DanOregon

Not really a shock, but the women's side was straight chalk in the first round except for MTSU beating Louisville. All the 8s beat all the 9s.

I guess now I know why they don't expand wbb scholarship limits - even with the injuries. concentrating the top talent any more than it is already would be bad for the game.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Excellent point. Hadn’t thought about that.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

A 9pm tip means time for a fifth meal.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

At 6-9 with that build he’s 350 easy. But man, he can move — great footwork and agility— and has an amazingly soft touch around the basket.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted