1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Trump gets a minor reprieve in how much bond he needs to post. And in his hush money trial, judge will let jury selection begin April 15, but will also allow motions to potentially delay the trial.

CNN Trump updates

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

He got more than a minor reprieve, it was cut by more than half.

TowelWaver likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Every time they overshoot something, it gives him something to crow about winning when an appeal falls his way.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Yes. But I still consider having to pay north of $100 million as significant, especially for someone who is as insolvent as he is. I also like to undersell things.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

My point is, the judge just gave Trump a major haircut in the price.

I'm not sure of the mortgage sitting on Trump Tower, but I'd imagine that building alone is worth at least $50 million — I know nothing about New York City real estate, though.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Trump's statement here is the usual "poor me" word salad. CNN cuts away to get Daniel Dale on the air.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

I can't tell all these trials without a scorecard anymore. Which one is the hush money trial?

8. HanSenSE

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I’ve seen several tweets that say Trump still owes the $400+ million, but the amount that he has to put up for the bond was reduced.

Still not great.

franticscribe likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Dumb-dumb.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

All Trump owns of Trump Tower is his own penthouse, the parking concession and some other service contracts. He sells his name to other developers who own the actual buildings. These are the reasons many of hhis assets will be hard to attach. They are 1. Complex. 2. Kind of nebulous.

franticscribe and sgreenwell like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted