1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

matt_garth likes this.
  2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And SCOTSOF also approved the recreational marijuana for the fall ballot.

Vote blue, no matter who.

Twirling Time likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Speaking of Florida:

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Lost me when a resident complained about the temperature being "literally 100 degrees at night."

In my 28 years spanning two stints in Florida, it has never been literally 100 degrees during the DAY.

maumann likes this.
  5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

What they meant to say: The difference between Florida hot and everywhere else hot is that Florida doesn’t cool off at night. Like everything else about the place, Florida weather is overrated 10 months of the year. (Source: Lived in Florida for 20 years)

wicked likes this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If you want to avoid winter, it's not overrated. And nights in the summer are 20 degrees cooler.

If you come expecting San Diego, you'll be disappointed.

Sounds like not a single person interviewed for that story did a lick of homework on the area in which they'd be moving.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

From about Halloween to Spring Equinox weather in Florida is pretty amazing. But it only gets cooler at night on the coast, inland is just a muggy swamp.

maumann likes this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

One hundred degrees is unusual in tropical climes and even subtropical climes. It was 102 the first day I was in subtropical New Orleans years ago, tying a record. However, the city saw 17 of its top 20 100+ degree days just in 2023 alone, including an all-time high of 105. Hmmm...

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I don't know how hot it was, but boot camp in Orlando in August suuuuuuuuuuuucked.

maumann likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

During my stint in Lake Havasau City, visitors would marvel at temps in the 70s and 80s in the spring. All I could think was, this will be thought of as sweater weather by summer.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

IMG_5372.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted