1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

I like it. Good for them.

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The anthem is played at Oklahoma City Philharmonic performances.

I’m a little surprised they don’t also say a prayer.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The anthem and performative patriotism has just become one more thing for authoritarians to beat people over the head with.

OscarMadison, Slacker, Cosmo and 4 others like this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Poor. President. Trump.

5. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Conference basketball games here at PodunkU are women-men doubleheaders. The school played the National Anthem before the women's game when there was a smaller crowd, no Anthem before the men's game.
    People were up in arms unaware the song was played before the women's game. AD's response: If you go to a concert late and miss your favorite song, the band doesn't play it again.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Unless voters wake up, the Moms for Liberty might be the most influential force in shaping the future of America and that should scare the fuck out of everyone.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

At the high school basketball doubleheaders here, they play it before the boys' game - which is usually the second one. The girls aren't anthem worthy - I guess.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

At least the popular version of the Anthem doesn't mention the Almighty, like the Pledge.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Moms For Liberty has spent the past few months getting its ass handed to it.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Because he's a former president, and a current candidate for president, I have to think the FEC has the right of inquiry into where some of this money comes from and where it goes. Disclosure comes with the territory.

https://www.fec.gov/press/resources-journalists/presidential-senate-and-house-candidates/

Driftwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted