1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obscure sports trivia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That doesn’t seem like it goes back far enough. With two teams playing home games at Giants Stadium, you get to 492 games in 31 years. The 464 for Soldier Field puts the starting point somewhere in the mid 60s.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Superdome is pretty self-explanatory. Almost 50 seasons of home games, save for post-Katrina for a season or so. 50 x 8 (and now occasionally) nine home games + some postseason games.

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Based my guess on remembering the Cardinals played several seasons at Wrigley.
    What I didn't know until looking it up this morning was the Cardinals, during the final season in Chicago, played home games at Soldier Field and ... Metropolitan Stadium in Bloomington, Minn.
    Most of us probably associate the Chicago Cardinals with Comiskey Park and rightfully so, but they bounced around a bit.

I Should Coco likes this.
  4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

From a website called "Old Stadiums and Arenas Gone by the Wayside."

da man likes this.
  5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I meant that adding AFL and AAFC games wouldn't explain why the Superdome is still above Wrigley on the Pro Football Reference list.

6. micropolitan guy

OK, the source of this information is "Old School NFL."

Which NFL quarterback (not AFL) threw the most TD passes (117) between the 1963 and 1967 seasons (inclusive)? A five-year period that (for me) first exposed me to seriously watching NFL football in one of its golden ages, just before the merger.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

John Brodie?

8. micropolitan guy

No, not Brodie.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Sonny Jurgensen?

10. micropolitan guy

No, not Sonny.

It's Frank Ryan, with 117.

11. micropolitan guy

Only two NFL receivers have posted 1,000-yard seasons with four different teams. They are:

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I was going to guess Harold Jackson and cheated and checked first. He doesn't have four, but he has more than 3,000 yards with three different teams. I'm too lazy to look up how rare that is.

Draft saved Draft deleted