1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Screw the CMA's

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Neutral Corner, Nov 13, 2020.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Jo-El Sonnier, whose overnight success in the late 1980s only took 10 years to achieve, died Saturday after a concert at the Llano (Texas) Country Opry. He said he wanted to rest a second after his show and before an autograph session, and that’s when he went into cardiac arrest. He was 77.

Screen Shot 2024-01-16 at 9.44.08 AM.png

(Ignore the thing that says the post isn’t available.)

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's the way for a guy like that to go out, the cheers from his last show still ringing in his ears. Rest Well.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

The Country Music Hall of Fame will announce its 2024 inductees at 11 a.m. EDT Monday in Nashville. It will be live-streamed on the Hall's YouTube channel.

Analysis here: https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/country-music-hall-of-fame-sets-2024-inductee-announcement/

Interestingly, there doesn't seem to be a Country Music HOF Screechfest thread. More interestingly, Larry Gatlin and the Gatlin Brothers, Crystal Gayle and Clint Black are scheduled to perform Saturday night at the Opry ... and somehow none are already in the Hall. Black only rarely plays the Opry.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

This killing time
    Is killing me

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Killing Time is a better song than anything Garth Brooks ever put out. It's an all-time song,

swingline and FileNotFound like this.
  6. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

The only Garth song that really rates with me is “Much Too Young to Feel This Damn Old”. I found most of his stuff to be pretty crossover and/or maudlin. Low Places is fun though, I can’t deny that.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

Your 2024 CMHOF inductees are the late Toby Keith, John Anderson (veteran), and James Burton (guitarist for Elvis, among others) as the musician.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Here we go:

FileNotFound likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Classic country voice.

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Well, well, well...

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – Country music star Morgan Wallen was arrested on felony charges after he allegedly threw a chair from the roof of a bar in downtown Nashville.
    According to arrest documents, officers were standing in front of Chiefs Bar in the 200 block of Broadway around 10:53 p.m. on Sunday, April 7 when they witnessed a chair come from above and hit the street.
    Authorities reported the chair landed approximately three feet away from two officers. When officers approached security to investigate the incident, staff members allegedly told them 30-year-old Morgan Wallen was responsible for the chair.
    The officers reviewed video footage of incident which showed Wallen lunging an object over the roof, according to the arrest report. Officials said the rooftop sits six stories above Broadway.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I’m surprised he wasn’t in Austin like most of the rhinestone glitterati.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-new...e-after-throwing-chair-from-bar-rooftop-docs/

I am shocked -- shocked, I tell you! -- to discover that Morgan Wallen is still a dipstick.

And I'm slightly disappointed that WKRN hasn't rebranded to KORN and hired Charlie Farquharson as the lead anchor.

garrow, wicked and Driftwood like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted