1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Can someone seriously explain to me why Weisselberg keeps taking it for Trump? He had to be living the life prior to 2016. Now he's headed to jail for a second time and has lost millions. It's not like Trump is going to take care of his family if he stays quiet and takes the L for the team.

2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

that's his one efficiency - getting chumps to break the law and take the fall for him

wicked, HanSenSE and Driftwood like this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A government handout is a government handout, isn’t it?

4. Driftwood

Shhhhhhhh, don't mention farm subsidies. The local farmers don't like it when you call them welfare queens.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

OK then

[​IMG]

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Does Stormy Daniels have a line of sex toys? Asking for a friend ...

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I guess. But on one the terms were agreed to before a single dollar was given and signed off on by Congress. On the other the terms were changed, it wasn't been signed off on and has been ruled illegal by the SCOTUS. Again, "illegal" is the thing.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
  8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Having lived here for a bit now, I kind of doubt it ever goes completely blue. I do think that cracks are forming in the Texas Republican party in some ways, as the hard right wing of the party that has most of the money now (Abbott, Patrick and Paxton) has gotten more and more pushback from the rank and file. Abbott in particular has been shoving a voucher program at the base that is deeply unpopular because it wrecks havoc on the funding received by rural school districts. I don't really think it means that Abbott, etc. is at risk of losing an election to a progressive, but they could be vulnerable to a middle of the road candidate at some point. (The opposite happened in traditionally D-led Houston - Long time U.S. House Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee lost the mayoral election to Whitmire, who's pretty close to a DINO.)

TowelWaver and Inky_Wretch like this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As a beneficiary of them, you can call me whatever you want as long as the direct deposits from the farm come in.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They should have already had enough money set aside for every single contingency, including a global pandemic. You know, personal responsibility and bootstraps and all that.

Or rather, maybe the big, bad guvmint giving people a financial hand up when they are struggling isn’t such a bad idea after all.

Driftwood likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Sigh. It's not the "idea." It's that it has to be APPROVED BY CONGRESS because that's what you do when you allocate taxpayer money.

You know, so you're not a dictator.

I can say it 20 times, and it still doesn't resonate.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
  12. Driftwood

It's long since run out, but we got paid NOT to grow tobacco.
    Well, OK.

Draft saved Draft deleted