1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Oh well

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Puhleeze. If it was about legality, Fallon would only be mentioning it instead of also mentioning “vote-buying.”

Fallon also is a member of Congress. If it’s such a great “vote-buying scheme” and there are such major concerns about legality, then what’s preventing Fallon and his fellow Republicans from introducing their own student debt forgiveness measures and “buying votes” with it?

Spartan Squad likes this.
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Rs or dildos, you’re getting fucked either way.

garrow, HanSenSE and wicked like this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Voter fraud!

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  5. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I could've taken one, and was encouraged to by several people - including my landlord, which was also a credit union, as I ended my office lease during the early part of the pandemic - because it wasn't clear to me that as a sole proprietor I was eligible, and I was afraid of claw backs or penalties coming later. Turns out I was a damn fool.

I also had a secondary stream of income that never slowed and was enough that we could squeeze by with the kids out of daycare.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

If the warrant was legally obtained it wasn’t illegally used.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Remember, we're dealing with Trump here. If it's used against me, bad. If I can use it against someone else good.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Ken Paxton got three percent more of the vote from 2018 to 2022. That is a problem considering all his issues. He got 68 percent in a runoff against a BUSH. That is a problem. Until stuff like that gets fixed, Abbott, Ted Cruz, et al can say and do all their nonsense and there is no repercussions.

And it's hilarious that Texans continue to complain about things in their state.
    The same people keep getting elected. Maybe if you picked ANYBODY else, you might get some of that stuff taken care of.

sgreenwell, TowelWaver and garrow like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'd love for Ted Cruz to name one Democratic senator not named Joe Manchin who would piss on Ted if he were on fire.

Draft saved Draft deleted