1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Postage is going up for the second time this year. As of July, forever stamps will be 73 cents. It's gone up 36% since 2019.
    I'm glad I mail about five things a year.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Just got my AAA renewal notice. $164 for two people.

$119 three years ago.

37.8% increase.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The United States of Amnesia: How the Trump campaign is expecting you to forget that his negligence and conspiracy theories lead to the deaths of 1.2 million Americans....and about January 6th

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

AAA membership isn't mentioned in Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution as being controlled by the federal government.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

but when you pinch pennies, there's always something to gripe about.

Slacker, garrow, Inky_Wretch and 3 others like this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"What isn’t said enough is that rural whites are being told to blame all the wrong people for their very real problems. As we argue in the book, Hollywood liberals didn’t destroy the family farm, college professors didn’t move manufacturing jobs overseas, immigrants didn’t pour opioids into rural communities, and critical race theory didn’t close hundreds of rural hospitals. When Republican politicians and the conservative media tell rural whites to aim their anger at those targets, it’s so they won’t ask why the people they keep electing haven’t done anything to improve life in their communities."

An Honest Assessment of Rural White Resentment Is Long Overdue

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

11 years in the insurance industry has shown me the cost of tow calls has gone up exponentially. $75-$100 used to be the norm, now you're lucky to see anything under $200.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

oh look more local cops welcoming Fat Orange Hitler on the tarmac at atlanta i'm sure this is fine

Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I was told it was NPR having too many actualities from a street market in Nairobi.

OscarMadison, Liut and garrow like this.
  10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If only there was an alternative message being delivered by a group opposite that of the Republicans.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

matt_garth and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted