1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2024 Masters Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Tiger making the cut is pretty damn impressive. That certainly sounds odd, but all things considered...

I don't think he'll win another tournament, let alone a major. But this would be the place if he does.

I could see him pulling a 1998 Nicklaus one of these years and being on the first page of the leaderboard on Sunday, with a top 10 finish.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Helluva feat for Tiger. Now hope he can finish 72 holes.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I think Tiger has a shot at Wrestlemania next year.

Dude, build some flexibility and maybe cool it with the weights.

4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Right now, the obvious sweetening of the audio with the bird sounds has me on edge. Especially when it's a shot well away from any trees and just one really loud bird call.

Neutral Corner and Webster like this.
  5. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

listening to XM, as usual, makes me want to hurl

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I almost fell out of the chair hearing Rex Ryan call them patrons. I bet he's never used that word in his life, previous to today.

7. Deskgrunt50

He looks like a linebacker. But, it seems like the only way he can have a competitive swing. His back is shot and his right leg appears to largely ornamental at this point. Gotta generate swing speed without his lower body and torque.

Hermes likes this.
  8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Zach Johnson triples the 12th and tells the Bronx cheering fans to fuck off. Clearly still getting shit for his lousy Ryder Cup captaincy and not doing well with it.

9. Deskgrunt50

Isn't he Mr. Religious? Not very Christ-like. Though, making triple excuses a lot of foul language in my book.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Nah

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Bam Bam just launched a 395-yard drive on 17. The announcer on the featured groups channel of the Masters website said it has been confirmed as the longest drive ever on that hole.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Next year, make 'em all play with these

Bobby Jones Partners.jpg

Deskgrunt50 and swingline like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted