1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Nope. Just that particular side. I'll listen to what a libertarian has to say. I'll probably mock a lot of it, but I'll listen.

A sentient person knows what the Republican Party under Trump is about. They know what he wants to do in his second term. Some still pull the lever for Republicans anyway. Says a lot about a person. None of it good.

When Trump is dead and buried, maybe there's a chance for detente. But y'all started the war. I'm under no obligation to suffer fools.

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Explain to me clearly when it is whataboubtism and when it's hypocrisy? Because the difference seems to be what you say.

3. Regan MacNeil

Nah, I’m good. Thanks.

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

The Federal Department of Labor has been pushing to implement a heat stress standard for several years now, but there is of course major push back on that from industry, particularly agriculture.

Some states - California being the big one - have put their own heat stress standards in place. There are pushes to do so in most states, but big ag lobbies heavily against it, so you can imagine how that plays out in conservative/rural states.

This looks like a local ordinance taht likely would've been difficult for the couple of counties taht adopted it to enforce anyway. Just cruel.

Neutral Corner and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"An innocent man wouldn't want to delay a trial. He'd want to clear his name as soon as possible."

[​IMG]

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Thanks, appreciate the info. Just awful shit.

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

And nothing in that response had anything to do with what I posted.

How do you fight inflation while giving people billions of dollars?

8. Regan MacNeil

With the power of Jesus Christ, anything is possible.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

@garrow, I didn’t know you were a cowpoke.

garrow likes this.
  10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I will never be without AAA roadside service. It is invaluable, and pays for itself if you use it even once a year.

I've called on them for a tow, for a tire change, for locking keys in the car (twice), for a dead alternator 200 miles from home, and for a dead battery right in my driveway. You can't beat it when you need it.:)

Dyno, Neutral Corner and swingline like this.
  11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Sometimes a problem requires both a short-term solution and a long-term solution. Treating the cause takes time, but treating a symptom can be done quickly.

I’d be interested to hear your solution to the macroeconomic situation in the U.S. Are you in fact opposed to handouts to individuals and handouts to corporations? I mean, maybe “hypocrisy” is too strong a word, but there definitely is an inconsistency in the typical right-wing approach to the economy.

So what’s the right way, the way that puts us on the proper course with minimal short-term pain?

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Justgladtobehere has it right. His point is exactly our problem with politics in the U.S. lately.

Draft saved Draft deleted