1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2024 Masters Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

McIlroy has struggled (relatively) with accuracy on the short irons and wedges his superlative driving give him all season. On a day like yesterday, this was murder. He is dealing with a specific flaw in his game at this point in his career, no more no less.
    BTW, my favorite quote from yesterday came from Max Homa, who said, "I've never been so happy to get off a golf course." This is from one of the co-leaders, mind you. This is why I enjoy watching the pros play on windy days. It's the one element of the sport they can't lick, the one time they feel as helpless as all of us hackers do on most of our swings. "This may work, but damned if I know why."

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The tv people said he wrote on social media after yesterday: "I'm winded"

garrow likes this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Wind down from before, but still playing super tough.

Maybe 8-under leading after 54?

4. Deskgrunt50

Scottie Scheffler apparently laughing at my 8-under prediction. He's on another level right now.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

CBS has the mikes potted up so much, you can hear a mouse fart.

maumann likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Jesus, Scottie. Oof.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Three-shot swing between Bam Bam (birdie) and Scheffler (double bogey) on the 10th hole.

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Can I throw in 10 for a nomination in the "if I could only play one hole" derby? As a walking golfer, I love a good downhill hole and that weirdly-shaped bunker frames everything really well.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Not sure if I would like to play it … but if I ever get the chance to attend the Masters, that would definitely be one of the holes where I’d park myself. So many key moments on the 10th over the years.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
  10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

It is abjectly weird to see Tiger playing golf on TV without wearing a Nike swoosh.

Really tough day for him. Wonder if it was the body, the course or a little of both, but at this point, we're just taking victory laps here anyway.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Homa just plugging along with an even-par day right now. He's playing great.

12. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Tiger looks like Palmer used to look in his 50s and 60s.

And Tiger is 48 and won here just five years ago.

Putting is always the first the go. And it's gone for Tiger.

Draft saved Draft deleted