1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2024 Masters Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Bam Bam just hit from a spot I’ve never seen anyone play from on 15 and promptly dunks it into the drink. Wild stuff.

2. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Rooting for Max, Collin and Ludvig.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Is Verne allowed to say “Oy” like that? Or will the green jackets kick him out before Sunday?

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Verne's line when Bryson three-putted 16 (paraphrasing) "the wheels have come off and now the rims have come off" was fantastic.

MileHigh, maumann and HanSenSE like this.
  5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Hits it into a national park off the tee, plays out sideways and of course the dumb bitch holes out from 100 yards for a birdie on 18.

maumann likes this.
  6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I can't even believe he did that, given his trajectory.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

CBS got the money shot, from behind on the fairway, the crowd exploding as it drops. Kudos.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Agreed ,,, but it's probably good they stopped milking it after six minutes.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The reality is 12 is anything but straightforward. For one, the green is tiny — especially front to back. The threat of that front bunker forces players to make difficult choices. The back-to-front slope of the green makes for some very fast and tricky putts as well as chips from behind the green. Because it’s at the lowest point of the course and it’s surrounded on three sides by trees, the wind tends to swirl. And, as this story from Golf Digest explains, the tilt of the green from the line of the tee shot can bait players into going for the pin, only to find themselves in the water.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2024
    I Should Coco likes this.
  10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

You know, as I was watching today, I realized that to get anywhere near the left-side pin placement, you had about 12 yards of green in between a nasty bunker in front and a steep bank filled with azaleas behind. Most players opted for the latter.

And that's not even the toughest pin placement.

Still, as a hacker who occassionally hits good shots with his longer irons, I'd like to give 12 a try and see if lightning strikes.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

So many guys were going long and using the azalea bank as a backstop today. Not the worst strategy, even if that chip back to the hole is super delicate.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Watch tomorrow, pink will be back right, and daring you to go for it and if you miss just a tad short?? Water baby. Tiger knows, go middle every day.

MileHigh and da man like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted