1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Was his name Zola, bud?

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Sherrod Brown calls for import ban on Chinese EVs, which account for something like 20% of sales in Europe.

3. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Just curious if this has happened recently to anyone.
    Needed some bathroom work done and the price was about $1800. Person I wanted to do the work would only take cash. Not a check, not debit, credit, Zelle or Venmo.
    I told him my bank would not let me take out that much cash in one day as it had a limit on cash withdrawals.
    I even suggested he come with me to my bank, less than half a mile away, to get a cashier's check. Nope. Just cash.
    We did not hire him.
    It just struck me as odd that in 2024 he refused all other forms of payment and lost out on $1800.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You can't cancel a cash payment when you don't like the service.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. kickoff-time

I thought that. I also thought he didn't want to mess with taxes or have a paper trail or had been not paid more than once. Still ...

dixiehack likes this.
  6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You absolutely made the correct decision.

SFIND and Neutral Corner like this.
  7. goalmouth

Railroads in court fighting new FRA rule (not regulation) requiring two person train crews I'm sure this is fine.

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'd say it had as much to do with taxes as anything.

9. kickoff-time

Probably. He had great reviews but I can't imagine everyone paying that much only in cash.
    We're happy with the people who did the job.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Of course he did. His voters want him to do that and he's running this term.

11. goalmouth

True but he's not the first and it's bigger than that. Like everything else, Beijing heavily subsidizes its EV business and individual vehicles sell for as low as $10,000. Which is a non-starter for US automakers.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I was on a call today with a railroad guy who said they used to run 5-man crews.

Draft saved Draft deleted