1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I somehow forgot he was the voice of Cecil on Invincible until I was re-watching it with my daughter this weekend. I need to check out Fallout.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I liked Goggins in The Unicorn, and I REALLY liked him in Vice Principals. Both shows deserved longer runs.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hey now!

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Unicorn had its moments, but the show looked like it was done on the cheap in terms of sets and the premise (where inevitably every woman would be compared to his late wife) was meh

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It was amusing casting to have probably his most significant love interest in the show's run be Natalie Zea, though. And another one was Betsy Brandt IIRC, a.k.a. Marie from Breaking Bad.

Webster likes this.
  6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

"True Detectives" S4 is trying to make it impossible for me to finish. Complete garbage. I think some of the actors accept these roles just so they can say "fuck" on camera. Never been a fan of Jodie Foster. My wife peeked in for a glimpse, saw Foster, and said she better go moisturize her face again.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah I really hated it.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

If they're re-running the entire concert four days later, you better believe the CBS switchboard -- and those of its affiliates -- were humming today.

upload_2024-4-15_15-52-22.png

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The original mistake was having Billy Joel on tv.

TigerVols likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Really got hooked on “3 Body Problem” and I hope it’s coming back. The end was quite a cliffhanger.

Eiza Gonzalez is stunning.

qtlaw, garrow and sgreenwell like this.
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I know that I seem to be preaching to a bunch of empty pews, but with one episode to go, Shogun is the best thing I’ve seen on TV in years.

qtlaw likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Oh, I've been eyeballs deep in it ever since the book came out. It's interesting how much the framing changed given the Japanese production. They pretty well killed the "white savior" feel. Both sides think that the other are ignorant barbarians. Both are right, and both have their own reasons for their decisions. It's soooo well done.

Add that I would never have guessed that they shot it on location in Vancouver, BC. Gorgeous sets.

qtlaw and Webster like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted