1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Regional Sports Networks Going Bankrupt

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Readallover, Feb 15, 2023.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Diamond also got dumped with a ton of debt, in addition to making bad decisions. Fuck Sinclair.

2. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

3. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I don't know what the decision making in this process was/is. Probably that the regional sports channels ask too much. But I totally would have gotten a YouTube TV or Hulu subscription when I went away from cable when I changed internet providers if they had regional sports. That said I got our current provider, and now we are down to one regional sports channel, which I watch a ton and honestly would probably pay for it by itself but I am not sure how many would, for the whole price they had for several. It really makes no sense.

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I cannot find it again, but article I read about NESN and YouTube TV. It mentioned the dispute was over NESN's streaming service and YouTube TV and Diamond had a similar dispute.

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Went black in Michigan, too.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

John Keating, "They saaaaaay...." *click*

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm just here to marvel at "Cord Cutters News".

Octave likes this.
  9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Bally's Twitter feed today: "Hey, at least we agreed on a deal with DirecTV!"

10. Readallover

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Which "much larger distributors" would these be? Comcast is still the biggest cable company in the country, I think. By default, Comcast would probably be Bally's largest distributor.

12. Readallover

Draft saved Draft deleted