1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wild night for Alabama preps

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Aug 26, 2023.

1. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Bye, Felicia.

SixToe likes this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Somebody tried to nudge him out a month or two ago and the board backed him up. Something here ain’t kosher.

SixToe likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Someone has some dirt and leverage.

SixToe likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yep, or somebody who was making regular payments on something started missing payments.

But on the bright side, I hear Bishop Sycamore may be hiring.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. dixiehack

They were 1-9. Wouldn’t you take your subscription off autopay?

7. Neutral Corner

Give him time to cheat, er build, and he'll get them wins. I'll assume either some sort of front office issue or a powerful administrator who simply does not want him around.

Besides, he went 1 - 9. Failed experiment.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The amount of dirt and leverage had to have been massive. This guy gets away with as much shit as Trump and still gets jobs.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's the same thing with most of these prep school cowboy coaches -- they win. Once you decide to start busting rules, and if you're one of those self-promotionial bullshitters, it gets easy to convince people you know what you're doing. Hitch your wagon to a couple superstar kids, win some championships and it can all snowball. People start to seek YOU out.

Of course, when it goes bad, it can all go bad in a big way. Get caught breaking some rules, strike out bad for a season or two on talent acquisition, things start going bad and people start to jump ship. When everything is purely transactional, what-have-you-done-for-me-lately, people don't hang around when the shit goes down.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. dixiehack

Coach going through some things.

https://www.al.com/highschoolsports...il-over-123875-in-unpaid-spousal-support.html

I like the fact that Alabama law inadvertently makes it pay to be a lesbian (not that I have any idea about the love life of the former Mrs. Probst.)

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That was an odd thing to put in a legal document in 2009, six years before Obergefell and in a state where it took Obergefell to legalize same-sex marriage.

12. Neutral Corner

I'm guessing that $100k in back child support falls under the heading of "dirt and leverage" somewhere.

franticscribe likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted