1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

We couldn’t get toilet paper either. Fox and Friends may not remember, but Pepperidge Farm’s does.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Scanning for inaccuracies......none found

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

More people should read this:

The last four years haven't been all peaches and cream. The Biden administration hasn't hit every to-do item on the progressive punch list, and they definitely haven't made everyone under the large Democratic umbrella happy with their stance on the Israel/Palestine war, but when we imaging the alternative, holy cow...​

...Biden is GOOD ENOUGH to save us from Trump a second time!​

Inoffensive and not bitter. That seems to be about as good as we're gonna get until we can rid ourselves of the MAGA movement forever.​

Here, here! I’ll drink to that!

OscarMadison and wicked like this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I find it interesting that the two loudmouths that Republicans loved to parade around like a cymbal-clacking toy monkey so long as they called Democrats idiots but couldn't do any real harm have now been (in one way or another) cast off as nuances. Boebert could easily be out of Congress this time next year (not betting the house on it, but it could happen). Green just pissed away any support she had left from anyone who mattered.

But it is interesting. Of the dilholes in the mega dumbass wing, it's the two women who are being cast off. The pedophile Butthead is sticking around.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

If they were men, they wouldn’t be so easy to toss overboard.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Here's the good news: if Biden wins, the apparatus of the Federal Government is under his administration's control. The process between the time it's certain he's won and Inauguration Day won't be subject to nearly as much circumvention by Trump and his minions because they're on the outside. If they couldn't overturn the results of 2020, with control of the Justice Department, the Judiciary (where we all know Trump and Bush appointed judges shot them down anyway), the FBI, all of their suck-buddies in Congress, they're not going to get a sniff at it this time. Oh, they'll make some mischief. Biden may have to shut down the area around the Capitol with the National Guard during the state certification. But if Biden wins, who gives a flying fuck if Trump won't accept the results? He'll be throwing ketchup bottles at Mar-a-Largo.

2muchcoffeeman, UNCGrad and Driftwood like this.
  7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Spartan Squad-

Debbie Lasco is a moron on par with Boebert and Green.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Fixed

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Bringing back a lot of memories, UP Chip. I covered a few high school games at “Happy Rock.”

And you may not get this Chicagoland reference, but I remember the first time my wife and I went to a restaurant in downtown Escanaba … she said, “This place is giving me a Berwyn or Lyons vibe (shot-and-a-beer suburbs in Cook County). She did not mean it as a compliment.

Always liked visiting Marquette much more.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Assuming he’s alive, does Trump run in 2028 if he loses again?

He’s gotta. It’s the only way he stays out of prison.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Trump will keep running until he's dead.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Don't want to threadjack (maybe more of a "sidebar" ha ha), but I'm considering a road trip to the UP in the dead of summer in Texas. If I had my druthers, I'd take the whole month of July. Which is a better place to HQ at, Marquette or Houghton?

Draft saved Draft deleted