1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fat Orange Hitler toadie Boris Epshteyn in court passing notes to Kaitlin Collins.

Maybe she'll eat shit and die.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Marquette is more centrally located, but it's only 100 miles east (and a little south) of Houghton so if you're doing the whole thing it's not mutually exclusive. It also has a lot more of the "amenities" (they just got Texas Roadhouse and Panera Bread in the last year), so if you're looking for something more "rustic," you'll probably want to tend more toward Houghton and environs (Porkies, Copper Harbor, etc.). In terms of natural beauty, you can probably fill your itinerary pretty quickly near either, but I'd argue that those places are closer together in the western (Houghton) half.

And @I Should Coco, funny you bring up El stops, as I'm spending next week in Chicago for fun, HQ'ed a few blocks from the Thorndale stop on the Red Line.

I Should Coco likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Who will also be out of Congress this time next year. So add her to the list.

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

SCOTUS bought and paid for.

But < Gaza to U.S. college students.

6. Slacker

Count me in, too. But a four-pack of tall-boys is definitely called for there ...
    upload_2024-5-9_18-26-11.png

2muchcoffeeman and Inky_Wretch like this.
  7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

MTG might be the safest Repube out there, although I haven't seen direct evidence to that. Future Speaker Hakeem will kick her to the committee curb at the first opportunity just like Pelosi did.

District shopping is something she and Q-Bert have in common.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Five Republicans are running to replace her and at least three are significantly crazier than she is.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I can't catch a break with my sweeping generalizations today.

OscarMadison, garrow and dixiehack like this.
  10. Slacker

Wow, crazier than this? That's quite a challenge. But, yeah, I believe ya ...

WIKI:

In 1988, Lesko was charged with a misdemeanor in Conroe, Texas, for tampering with government records. The case was dropped in 1994. Also in 1988, Lesko's then-husband Jeffrey Allen Ignas was sentenced to 10 years in prison for fraud. He was released from prison in 1992.

In October 1992, Lesko and Ignas filed for Chapter 13 bankruptcy protection. The couple was sued twice in 1993: for failure to pay a $10,000 rental equipment bill and for an additional unpaid $11,000 bill. They filed for bankruptcy again that year.

Ignas was allegedly abusive to Lesko, reportedly punching her in the stomach when she was pregnant. Later in 1993, Lesko filed for divorce.

In 1994 the second bankruptcy protection case was closed. Ignas, now known as Jeffrey Allen Herald, was again incarcerated at the Arizona Department of Corrections, and released in June 2022 on supervised probation.

Lesko later married Joe Lesko. She has used other names, including Debbie Harris, Debra Ignas, Debra Schultz, Debra Howard and Debra Kay Lorenz. Her name changes were associated with Ignas, who also went by different names.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The Republican field to replace her includes:

Trent Franks, the former congressman who Lesko replaced, who resigned from Congress when we learned he offered to pay staffers if they would have his baby;

Abe Hamedeh, who is still fighting in the courts claiming he won the election for Secretary of State in 2022, and said during a debate last week that they picked on the wrong guy because he's "young and full of testosterone";

And state lawmaker Anthony Kern, who is currently under indictment for being a fake elector. He also proposed legislation that would no longer allow Arizonans to vote for president -- the electors would be determined by the legislature. He got in trouble this week for using Capitol equipment for a live appearance on a talk show hosted by a Nazi. He's on the Brady List of dirty cops whose testimony is not allowed in court... despite not actually being a cop. He was a civilian code enforcement officer who pretended to be a cop.

The district is Sun City and environs. If a meatloaf got the Republican nomination there it would win in a landslide.

franticscribe and Slacker like this.
  12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I mean, none of us is running for office. Would you want that job? It’s no wonder that it doesn’t attract the best and the brightest.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted