1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Romero zombies

gingerbread likes this.
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Skin sufficiently crawling.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The only solace I take is all those voters disappear from the ballot box when Trump dies. It’s a cult of personality, not a movement. They have no platform other than nebulous thoughts on immigration. The actual movement was the Tea Party, which numbered far, far, far fewer voters than Trump’s base and was more concerned with the deficit, which even the staunchest Trump voter knows isn’t something Trump cares about and now knows Trump isn’t some puppet to use to get their agenda passed. Trump’s whims are the agenda. The rest of his base is trolls, opportunists and people who are mad they can’t tell the same jokes they told 30 years ago. And some of them just go with the moment, as that weird group of voters who voted for Obama and Trump [WHICH MAKES UP 13 PERCENT OF TRUMP’S VOTERS! (!)] makes clear. It makes some sense given the 2008 Obama campaign activated voters who didn’t have many deeply held beliefs, either. It just didn’t activate actual Nazis, as well, while doing it. I think both parties radically realign after Trump’s demise, but I haven’t the faintest clue how. All I know is if the Democrats keep becoming the party of big business and if theTrump threat is gone, I’ll be a man without a party once again.

Last edited: May 13, 2024
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Wall Street melted down and the Democrats, with all the power to really hold folks accountable, barely made a dent.

And when Bernie Sanders, twice, made an electoral surge, the party's power structure made sure he wouldn't be nominee.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The prosecution needs to keep the focus on the paper trail and the timeline, which they've done.

How does the defense respond? We may have seen hints already in how they cross-examined Stormy Daniels and Trump's speeches at the end of each court day. And if they go into "crooked judge, rigged jury, Biden's out to get me, it's too cold in here" routine, it may be game over for them.

Last edited: May 13, 2024
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I guess she really did care/be best

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Your streak of never shutting the fuck up continues admirably. The voters made sure Bernie wasn’t the nominee. Everything else is ahistorical bullshit.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Tea Party was mainly concerned about a neegro in the White House.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yes, because youths are definitely answering unknown callers on their cellphones. And Trump
    is DEFINITELY leading Nevada by 10.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted