1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Fortunately, 99 and 44/100ths of my emails from Biden and his fundraising folks go into spam folders.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This could totally be true BTE, I'm not posting to dispute the point, but there is something amusing to me about a poll asking people if they are likely to pick up unknown numbers which itself of course called people as an unknown number. I mean, they already answered the phone before answering the question. The best responses are the ones who said "I never do that." You just did!!!

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Maybe I have a Case of the Mondays, but the polling (yes, yes, I know) bummed me out. If for no other reason than ...

gingerbread likes this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

1. We don't know exactly how each person's caller ID thingy treats these things. Sometimes the phone IDs numbers without the owner of the phone having to create a contact. And sometimes people may be EXPECTING an "unknown" call (you leave a message for some home service you're inquiring about, and a few minutes later one of them calls you back).
    b. Polls are done online even more often than by phone these days.

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 5.19.29 PM.png
    https://www.pewresearch.org/methods/2023/04/19/how-public-polling-has-changed-in-the-21st-century/

Last edited: May 13, 2024
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Even more fortunately, I have thus far been able to avoid both Biden and Trump's mailing lists.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I gave Biden (I think) $50 last cycle, so I’m now on every Democratic e-mail/text list in creation. I’ve removed myself from a bunch, to little available.

OscarMadison, Driftwood and HanSenSE like this.
  7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

You can't donate to anyone. You will never stop hearing from them otherwise. I wish fund-raising entities would realize what a turn-off this is.

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I'm only the son of boys. At what age does it become inappropriate for a father to shower with the daughter?

1? 2?

Draft saved Draft deleted