1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

As far as strategies go, boring the jury with non-pertinent info could be an effective one.

dixiehack likes this.
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I will say, molding them to the point of cultdom was an "accomplishment" in itself.

3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

they want a hero so desperately. so, so fucking much.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The news media is completely awash in everything Trump says or does. Name another court defendant whose eyes being opened or closed resulted in non-stop news alerts from our national news media?

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Nobody else in court anywhere is an ex-President running for President again.

garrow, Liut, franticscribe and 2 others like this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The cross of Cohn is much like that of Stormy Daniels. Attack the person, not the paper trail.

7. TigerVols

None of which disproves my statement that no one has ever had the media impact this man has.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Isn't claiming the prosecution hasn't met its burden of proof a routine defense motion? Be better, CNN.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Sounds like the tack they're taking. They tried to bring the fire with Stormy and she handed them their lunch. Cohen is 10x the clever witness.

Slacker likes this.
  10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I think you underestimate how little the broad public gives a shit about this - any of this. The big trial keeps a lot of the talking heads on a paying basis.

11. TigerVols

I hope you're right.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The broad public will give a shit when a verdict is given, one way or the other.

The closest comp I can give is Mike Tyson's rape conviction and prison sentence in early 1992. Until then, few people among those who paid attention thought Tyson would be convicted and even fewer thought he'd get a meaningful jail sentence because, well, famous.

Draft saved Draft deleted