1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Maybe the part of the reason the populace has no trust and tunes “us” out is because “we” fudge easily verifiable numbers.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I don’t disagree with your overall point — defeat, and preferably a humiliating defeat, of Trump is job 1.

But the sad truth is people who live in five, maybe six states need to circle Nov. 5 on the calendar. The rest of us? Our votes don’t matter, in the presidential election, anyway.

The Electoral College needed to go about 100 years ago, but now that’s it’s a crutch that gives Republicans their only chance at winning, we’re stuck with it until the bitter end.

Driftwood and maumann like this.
  3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Imagine being this stupid or clueless ON A POSITION YOU HAVE AN INTEREST IN

FileNotFound and garrow like this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The 20 percent voting against trump remains consistent.

He only lost 9 percent in West Virginia though. That one is probably safe for him.

6. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

the base has wanted to say the n-word like their fathers did (i know mine did) so, so fucking much

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I've read many stories about people who say they are Democratsdisaffected from Biden, but none on these persistent Haley voters. Is it just a protest before returning to the fold in November or are they not going to ever vote for Trump? Would be interesting to find out.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

But it’s so much easier to write and tweet about the latest flawed POLLS?!!?!!!!??!??

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, his grandson said he was "entering the final chapter" last August, so I'm not sure that means much of anything.

10. Deskgrunt50

I wish Jimmy Carter and his family nothing but the best. He’s been in hospice since February 2023. My personal experience has been so much different, with things going downhill very quickly. I have a hard time understanding it’s been 15 months for Carter.

Driftwood, Neutral Corner and garrow like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

When my Mom died, she was in hospice for her last four days. While she was there, I met another patient who'd been there six months and was still with it and functional although wheelchair bound. He had terminal cancer of some kind. Each human end is as different and as much of a mystery as each human life is.

Driftwood, HanSenSE and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Kissing Hospice Goodbye

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted