1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

“They call themselves that word!”

TigerVols likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

My dad was in hospice for five days; I had an uncle who was in for 16 months.

3. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

The first time I ever heard it was when a neighbor guy was over and popped into the living room to check a score, saw Oil Can Boyd pitching and called him an N-word and walked out.
    I still don't understand what that was all about.

5. zufer

zufer Active Member

I was thinking Harry Dean Stanton but saw that he departed in 2017 (maybe not a disqualifier)

[​IMG]

Driftwood and garrow like this.
  6. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

What's sad are the ones who aren't dim. I know people I believe to be, or believed to be, intelligent, rational, smart, common-sense and faith-based but who think DT is the "best president we've EVER had!" and other bullshit like that. I mean, they truly believe anything he says - stolen election, fraud, witch hunts, it's all lies, everyone's out to get me, blah blah blah. They believe all of it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Posted this on the war thread, too ...

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Red Don

Baron Scicluna and Twirling Time like this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He can throw them the fuck out if he wants. He's the judge. He can make them stand there will he lectures them before that, too.

OscarMadison and jr/shotglass like this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Two-tiered system of justice

12. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

If the judge throws them out, they get what they want -- "SEE, THEY HATE US! IT'S RIGGED!"

If he puts DT in jail for contempt, he gets what he wants -- "SEE, IT'S RIGGED! HE'S TAYKIN AWAY MAH FREESPEACH RIGHTS!"

The judge is in a no-win situation, unless he clears the entire courtroom. Then the news media would howl. Once back in, DT would get what he wants -- "SEE! THE FAKE NEWS MEDIA IS IN ON IT WITH THEM! THEY GET IN BUT MY SUPPORTERS CANNOT!"

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted