1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He could cite them for contempt of court and order them walked out in cuffs.

But the old men in the diners would get upset.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

They’re already pissed here in the boondocks of Washington state because those damn west side liberals won’t let them have a real straw for their drink or a plastic bag to carry home their leftover club sandwich.

The whole damn thing is going to hell …

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Didn't think it could get more insane than Trump monster become POTUS....but him in the lead after NEVER having majority approval of his time in office.....AND before Jan. 6.....

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

There's a reason for this: Most citizens have very little understanding of the way the U.S. government actually operates, and they have virtually no idea how/when the Supreme Court comes into play.

I'm actually surprised the percentage that blame Biden isn't higher.

Driftwood likes this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, forgot about Barron graduating from NRA Academy on Friday.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I’d be annoyed by that too.

I Should Coco likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I don’t miss the plastic bags, but I will admit the paper based/biodegradable straws suck.

(sorry, couldn’t resist! :) )

10. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Therefore aren’t these politicians like Vance and Scott wasting their breath with their comments about the trial being a fraud or not? The people who are watching the coverage (transcript reading one text at a time) know what’s being said and they can see, if they are anti-trump, what the trial is all about. I doubt many trumpers are watching or paying attention to this, and if they are, maybe, maybe they are changing their minds based on the strength of the prosecution case. (I know, they probably still have their blinders on.)
    The biggest point the news stations should be making about these senators etc. Is that they are damaging the rule of law and the validity of the court

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted