1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

F*ckin' boo to this rubbish

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

matt_garth likes this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The only polls that count are election results. Ignore everything else.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Also don’t assume you’re going to win because of a two-year-old SCOTUS decision.

I sense that’s what Democrats are hoping will happen. It’s what have you done for me lately. Sure the abortion issue is good to have in your back pocket, but you still gotta campaign.

Liut likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If you think that's the only thing they're campaigning on, you haven't been paying attention. But it's definitely going to bring out the women's vote.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Meh. Just because it has in every election since, doesn’t mean it will in the only election that matters.

wicked likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So, I’m at this thing for work. It’s the most detached from reality gathering of humans this side of Disney World. Here, Trump won. America is under literal attack from all sides and within. There are two companies pitching their underground bunkers to attendees.

Swag hunting, however, is the main object of attendees. Some bring rolling luggage to carry all the caps and shirts and crap they get. And they are not shy about taking it. I watched one woman grab about 10 koozies and stick them in her backpack - despite the “One per person” sign next to them.

And if you see or hear anybody describe NRA members as patriots, let them know that on Friday a Medal of Honor winner from the Vietnam War sat alone during a meet and greet while across the aisle Ted Nugent - who literally shit his pants to avoid the same war - had a line of several hundred people.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Virtually every election cycle of my life, one party base decides it wants to be purified and one side decides it wants to win. You tell me who is who in 2024.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sure. Everyone will have forgotten all about it in six months.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted