1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

GQP riding with Nazis. Say it.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Of course it’s an easy choice for me, but in my specific situation it doesn’t really matter because the state I vote in is redder than Rudy Giuliani’s bloodshot eyes, so all seven measly Electoral College votes are going to Trump no matter how I vote.

I think 10 or fewer states where the race will be closer will determine our next president.

Biden might need more than “I’m not Trump” as a campaign strategy. My wife used to be devoted Biden supporter (to the point that I was almost a wee bit embarrassed), but that loyalty has faded a bit. That’s probably my most depressing barometer of a sane outcome. What happens for voters who weren’t already Joe fans? Will the people in swing states be motivated to vote?

In a sane world, a verbatim transcript from a Trump rally would be enough to sink his support to the 20 percent level.

My memory is still good enough to recall Reagan being Teflon Ron when nothing bad would stick to him. Biden seems to have inside-out Teflon and, despite what he’s been able to accomplish often in the face of GOP obstruction and stonewalling, not much good seems to stick.

When it comes to Trump, pretty much everything slides off dog shit, but most of his voters love the idea of throwing dog shit at those they’ve come to hate.

Last edited: May 21, 2024
    Slacker likes this.
  4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Cohen was asked on cross examination yesterday if he stole from the Trump Organization and he said "Yes, sir" after the defense lawyers walked him through having given a company called RedFinch $20,000 cash and then submitting a request for $50,000 to the Trump Organization for reimbursement - and getting the $50,000.

It was a pretty clear admission to stealing $30,000.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Trump really hires "the best" people. I do hope the prosecution sells the jury on "of course Mr. Cohen is a scumbag, that was his job!"

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Defense rests. Jury sent home until next Tuesday. Deliberations likely to begin next Wednesday.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Because giving jurors another seven days to forget all they just heard makes so much sense.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You aren't wrong about any of this. I'm just hoping sanity will prevail.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It’s not going great in the middle either.

Fred siegle likes this.
  10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Why a full week off? We couldn't do closing tomorrow and then two days of deliberations (if needed) before the long weekend?

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I am guessing that the judge didn’t think that the defense would go this quickly. Basically jury instructions (which are often appealable issues) and closings will take a day and a half. I suppose they don’t want to sequester the jury, but for a case like this, it would make sense to have this done now. 7 days is a heck of a long time.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Umm, have you heard Trump speak? His speech patterns have gotten worse and worse over the years. Most of his campaign speeches are nothing but senior moments.

Spartan Squad and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted