1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

wicked and Woody Long like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The judge in that case won as well.

franticscribe likes this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The hysteria over the boilerplate language for Mar-A-Lago is my favorite fake outrage in a while. You have to be exceeding stupid or a goddamn liar to push that idiocy. But I guess it’s probably both.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Aaaaaaand they'll be happy when Trump 2.0 starts ordering hits.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

“Unified reich”

Really?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The effects of the hollowing out of American media is starting to show in the general population.

• 55% believe the economy is shrinking, and 56% think the US is experiencing a recession, though the broadest measure of the economy, gross domestic product (GDP), has been growing.

• 49% believe the S&P 500 stock market index is down for the year, though the index went up about 24% in 2023 and is up more than 12% this year.

• 49% believe that unemployment is at a 50-year high, though the unemployment rate has been under 4%, a near 50-year low.

Majority of Americans wrongly believe US is in recession – and most blame Biden

Driftwood likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Only a couple of dozen men (and no women obvs) have ever claimed the office of POTUS. So many tried and failed. And many of those who got to the final round and came up short had distinguished, honorable public careers (Scott, Hughes, Smith, Dewey).

It is an absolute tragedy that a sinister conman without a single shred of decency like Trump made it to the Oval. And he might return?!?!??!?

Driftwood likes this.
  8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

And, at least 1 percent don’t realize those two are the same thing.

Fred siegle and Sea Bass like this.
  9. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I think it's been showing for a good while and some people are just now starting to realize it.

Somebody is going to do a PhD dissertation on the relationship between Mark Robinson's political rise in North Carolina and the effective death of Greensboro media. He's the current lieutenant governor and GOP candidate for governor this year. I can think of plenty other examples, but his rise to power beginning around 2018, despite having massive red flags in his background, is just so clear cut.

Speaking of the death of Greensboro media, the city's been tearing down the old News & Record office building and printing plant in downtown GSO this month. Berkshire-Hathaway essentially abandoned it after the sale of the paper, but not the property, to Lee Enterprises. It became a major nuisance - squating, overdose deaths, even a murder - so the city finally condemned it.

Some GNR alumni are having a gathering at the site this Saturday as a sort of memoriam. If anyone here is interested and needs the info, shoot me a DM.

2muchcoffeeman, garrow and Driftwood like this.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Perhaps pollsters should tell people "Sorry, you're wrong" when they give incorrect answers to questions of fact, like the S&P index and unemployment rate. I'd prefer they add "look it up you chump" but that's probably a bridge too far.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted