1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I know it's POLLS! and while I admit I'm jaded and often Chicken Little on this stuff, I just don't believe the people who have said Trump being convicted of a felony would keep them from voting for him. All it is, is a very convenient thing to say to sound thoughtful and virtuous at the moment before any decision has been made. It's bullshit. They'll still vote for him.

wicked likes this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I tend to think this outcome isn't going to make a difference either way. It certainly won't change the vote of the hardcores who are really paying attention.

The cases that could make a difference won't happen before the election. If ever.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It did. Thanks.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Some will, but some won't. In a country where every election is close (Obama-McCain was 53-46, and that is as close to a landslide as we've had this century), even marginal losses matter.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Instead of moving the goalposts, I’d prefer Americans stick to things that were sold to this naive youngster in the 70’s, “if you support the Commies, YOURE A COMMIE!!” plus even the hint of impropriety, let alone being indicted for a crime (oh my god you employed an undocumented alien! YOURE OUT (see Kimba Wood), YOURE DQ’d from consideration. “

But of course, the clowns have no one else to proffer so they go with the misogynist, abuser, liar, anti-democratic candidate.

Last edited: May 28, 2024
    TowelWaver, Tarheel316 and HanSenSE like this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Yes, "remarkable."

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Back in the day, criticizing Gold Star families and POWs were enough for disqualification.

wicked, Baron Scicluna, qtlaw and 3 others like this.
  8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Convicted felon Trump can be president. But can't vote for himself to be president.

Great job, good effort, America.

Tarheel316, Driftwood and HanSenSE like this.
  9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

To follow up, since when does one who didn't even serve in the military get any credibility to complain about a POW who somehow survived 4 years in captivity? I can honestly say I would not EVER support any such thinking. I'd say "get your ass in captivity of the North Viet Cong and come talk to me then."

HanSenSE and Driftwood like this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I'll go to my grave never understanding how so many people abandoned all of their principles to make excuses for trump. For that fucking guy. None of them have any moral fiber at all. I'll never let them forget it, either.

Slacker, MTM, sgreenwell and 9 others like this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Since reality TV.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's discouraging, but millions upon millions of our fellow citizens are completely shit people, and want the supreme shit to lead us so no one can look down on them ever again.

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted